Drama (Performing Arts)
|Edexcel BTEC Lvl 2|
What will I learn from this subject?
Component 1: Exploring the performing arts
In this unit students will complete three different performances using the skills from three different practitioners.
Component 2: Developing skills and techniques in the performing arts
In this unit students will learn a wide range of acting skills and styles which will be applied to a final performance.
Component 3: Performing to a brief
In this specialist unit students will consolidate their learning by creating a workshop performance in response to a set brief by the exam board.
Drama is studied from a practical perspective at all times. Lessons will take a workshop format. A variety of activities will be undertaken to secure understanding and progression.
Why choose BTEC Drama?
- Drama offers a great deal of transferable skills.
- Drama offers the chance of building confidence through communication.
- Drama offers the opportunity for group negotiation.
- Drama offers the chance to use initiative and Imagination to solve problems.
- Drama offers the opportunity to give and receive direction.
- Drama offers the opportunity to develop knowledge about social, cultural, historical Issues from a range of sources that impact upon our global society. DRAMA IS LIFE
How is it assessed?
This is a practical driven course and assessment is continuous throughout. Component 3 will be subject to external assessment and the other two components will be internally assessed via film, audience and portfolio evidence. This will then be awarded with a final grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* grade.
Anything else I need to know?
You will need to have:
- a good attendance and punctuality record.
- a good behaviour record.
- a real interest and commitment to the subject
What can I do after?
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/2 Tech Award in performing arts provides a suitable foundation for further study within the industry through progression to qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Nationals in performing arts or an A- Level equivalent. This course will be perfect for students who want to develop subject specific skills and communication skills of all kinds. The course will allow them to develop their theory and performance skills or follow the teaching pathway.