About the Campus
Among Kirklees schools, only Netherhall Learning Campus offers children and young adults with a continuous journey from Early Years entry through Key Stages 1 to 4 and beyond to Diploma, AS and A level studies, via the Studio School.
A continuous journey
Pupils may join any of the schools at any time. Regardless of the stage at which they start to attend, all students will experience the unique benefit of an education that has been planned by specialist teachers for all stages of a child’s learning journey.
A common standard and expectation of dress, behaviour and standards of presentation
All students, regardless of age, are expected to observe common rules of courtesy, respect, honesty and reliability
Uniform is the same across the campus except in the Studio School where smart business dress is required
From the start of their school career, all pupils are expected to arrive on time and with the correct equipment.
Work is always to be presented to the best of the pupils’ ability and books are to be respected and kept in good condition.
A recognition of the importance of parents and carers as partners in the learning journey of our children. A dedicated community team works across the campus to:
Work with parents to help support their children
Encourage greater parent and carer participation in school
Support adults who may have had a career break, back into learning and into the workplaces.
High quality teaching
- Teachers across the campus meet regularly to share ideas and good practice.
- Teachers whose practice has been praised by OfSTED or who have been designated as Advanced Skills or Excellent teachers, teach across the campus. They share their expertise and help identify and meet the needs of pupils with special aptitude in their subject area.
- All schools organise special focus days to raise attainment in key learning areas such as English and Maths.
Innovative curriculum development
- The curriculum is jointly planned by specialist teachers across the campus to prevent unnecessary repetition and stalling of progress at change of school
- Pupils of all ages follow tailored routeways to meet their individual learning needs
- A stimulating and attractive working environment
- Creativity and opportunities for artistic and musical development are actively promoted and encouraged
- Pupils’ work is celebrated through performance, exhibitions and display
- Pupils in all phases have the opportunity to learn from and be inspired by the work of their peers.