The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical education and competitive sport.
At Rawthorpe St James CofE (VC) Infant & Nursery School we are using this funding to:
- Employing specialist coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Make sure every child in KS1 is active for 30 minutes a day.
- Releasing the school PE Coordinators for professional development in PE and sport to then feedback to staff.
- Providing quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport
- Work alongside Kirklees Active Schools to help promote a universal message across Kirklees about the importance of regular activity for children. Which also helps us to make links to sports clubs held in the wider community.
- To increase the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate by working in partnership with neighbouring schools to organise competitions.
- Provide extra provision for children who are talented by selecting them for a Gifted and Talented focused clubs.
- To support the inclusion of those with special needs in sport.
- Purchasing specialist equipment and teaching resources.
- Providing an exciting range of after-school sport clubs run by staff and specialist coaches which have included:
At Netherhall Learning Campus we recognise the importance of fostering a love of sport and an active lifestyle from an early age. Our goal with the support of this funding is to provide all our pupils a high quality PE provision in and outside curriculum time.
Children enjoying PE photo