The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical Education and competitive sport.
At Netherhall Learning Campus Infant and Junior Schools we are using this funding to facilitate:
- Employing specialist coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- Releasing the school PE Coordinators for professional development in PE and sport to then feedback to staff.
- Providing quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport.
In addition, we have joined the Newsome School Sports Partnership for the following purposes:
- To increase the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate
- Increase pupils’ participation in national school games competitions,
- Provide extra provision for children who are talented by selecting them for a Gifted and Talented academy where they will meet other talented pupils from the Huddersfield area.
- To support the inclusion of those with special needs in sport.
- Make links to other community sports providers.
- Encourage our children to improve their leadership skills through sport
- Develop additional clubs and activities for children, outside the curriculum
This funding also supports providing an exciting range of after-school sport clubs run by staff and specialist coaches at both schools including:
- Martial Arts
- Multi Sports
Other areas supported by the Sports Premium funding are:
- Using the expertise of the PE teachers from the Netherhall Learning Campus High School to help primary staff improve their PE and sports provision.
- Purchasing specialist equipment and teaching resources.
At Netherhall Learning Campus we recognise the importance of fostering a love of sport and an active lifestyle from an early age. Our goal, with the support of this funding, is to provide for all our pupils a high quality PE provision within and outside curriculum time.