Early Years Pupil Premium
From April 2015, nurseries, schools, childminders and other childcare providers are able to claim extra funding through the Early Years Pupil Premium to support children’s development, learning and care.
The Early Years Pupil Premium provides an extra funding for three and four year old children whose parents are in receipt of certain benefits or who have been in care or adopted from care. This means an extra £302 a year for each child taking up the full 570 hours funded entitlement to early education. This additional money could make a significant difference.
The Early Years Pupil Premium will provide early years providers with extra funding to close this gap and can be used, for example to provide:
- Specialist training for staff e.g. speech and language development
- Extra or individual support in a particular learning area
- Extra equipment to support particular development
- Additional staffing or staff hours to enable further support for your child
2015/2016 Allocation - £4,126
2016/2017 Allocation - £3,943
2017/2018 Allocation - £4,580
Impact as a direct result of deployed interventions to support our most vulnerable pupils who come in below national starting points.
so that progress is:
so that attainment is:
Therefore we ask that ALL PARENTS complete an online eligibility form. This will allow providers to claim the additional Early Years Pupil Premium.
All early years providers who deliver government funded early education will be able to claim the early years pupil premium for three and four year old children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
There are special circumstances that are eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium, in addition to the economic criteria, if your child meets any of the following:
- your child is looked after by the local authority
- your child has left care through a special guardianship or adoption or residence order.